ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Certification
Master the Audit of Quality Management Systems (QMS) based on ISO 9001:2015.
This four-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to perform a Quality Management System (QMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and the certification process according to ISO 17021-1.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master the audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
For more information, please visit PECB .
Learning objectives :
- Understand the operations of a Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001;
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 9001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks;
- Understand the auditor’s role to plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011;
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team;
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 9001 in the context of a QMS audit;
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Quality Management System (QMS) certification audits;
- Managers or consultants seeking to master a Quality Management System audit process;
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with QMS requirements;
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a Quality Management System audit;
- Expert advisors in Quality Management.
- Day 1: Introduction to Quality Management Systems (QMS) and ISO 9001
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Certification process
- Fundamental concepts and principles of quality management
- Quality Management System (QMS)
- Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Audit approach based on evidence and risk
- Initiating the audit
- Stage 1 audit
- Preparing the stage 2 audit (on-site audit)
- Day 3: On-site audit activities
- Stage 2 audit
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures
- Creating audit test plans
- Drafting audit findings and nonconformity reports
- Day 4: Closing the audit
- Audit documentation and quality review
- Closing the audit
- Evaluation of action plans by the auditor
- Beyond the initial audit
- Managing an internal audit programme
- Competence, evaluation and closing the training
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of a Quality Management System (QMS)
- Domain 2 Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Domain 3 Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Domain 4 Preparation of an ISO 9001 audit
- Domain 5 Conducting an ISO 9001 audit
- Domain 6 Closing an ISO 9001 audit
- Domain 7 Managing an ISO 9001 audit programme
- The “PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about PECB Certified ISO 9001 certifications and the PECB certification process, refer to ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Exam & Certification