ISO 50001 Lead Implementer Certification
Master the implementation and management of Energy Management Systems (EnMS) based on ISO 50001:2018.
This four-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Energy Management System (EnMS) based on ISO 50001.
During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Energy Management Systems (EnMS) and be able to decrease an organization`s energy costs and improve its energy performance and sustainability.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Learning objectives :
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 50001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks;
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an EnMS;
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 50001 requirements in the specific context of an organization;
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an EnMS;
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Energy Management System best practices.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved in Energy Management;
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Energy Management System;
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with EnMS requirements;
- EnMS team members.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO 50001 and initiation of an EnMS
- Course objective and structure
- Standard and regulatory Framework
- Main concepts of the standard
- Energy Management System (EnMS)
- Initiating the Energy Management System (EnMS)
- Understanding the organization
- Analysis of the existing management system
- Leadership and project approval
- Day 2: Planning the implementation of an EnMS
- EnMS scope
- Energy policy
- Energy Planning
- Day 3: Implementation of an EnMS
- Management Responsibility
- Competence, training and awareness plan
- Communication plan
- Definition of the document management process
- Design of controls and drafting of specific policies & procédures
- Operations Management
- Procurement process
- Day 4: EnMs monitoring, measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for a certification audit
- Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Evaluation
- Internal Audit
- Management Review
- Treatment of problems and non-conformities
- Continual improvement
- Preparing for the certification audit
- Competence and evaluation of implementers
- Closing the training
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of an Energy Management System (EnMS)
- Domain 2 Energy Management System (EnMS)
- Domain 3 Planning an EnMS implementation based on ISO 50001
- Domain 4 Implementing an EnMS based on ISO 50001
- Domain 5 Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an EnMS based on ISO 50001
- Domain 6 Continual improvement of an EnMS based on ISO 50001
- Domain 7 Preparing for an EnMS certification audit
- The “PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer” exam is available English;
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about ISO 50001 exam and certification, refer to ISO 50001 Lead Implementer Exam & Certification .