ISO 50001 Lead Auditor Certification
Master the Audit of Energy Management Systems (EnMS) based on ISO 50001:2018.
This four-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Energy Management System (EnMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
During this training course, you will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Learning objectives :
- Understand the operations of an Energy Management System (EnMS) based on ISO 50001;
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 50001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks;
- Understand an auditor’s role to plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011;
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team;
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 50001 in the context of an EnMS audit;
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Energy Management System (EnMS) certification audits;
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an EnMS audit process;
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Energy Management System requirements;
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Energy Management System audit;
- Expert advisors in Energy Management.
- Day 1: Introduction to Energy Management Systems (EnMS) and ISO 50001
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Certification process
- Fundamental principles of Energy Management Systems
- Energy Management Systems (EnMS)
- Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Evidence based audit approach
- Initiating the audit
- Stage 1 audit
- Preparing the stage 2 audit (on-site audit)
- Stage 2 audit (Part 1)
- Day 3: On-site audit activities
- Stage 2 audit (Part 2)
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures
- Creating audit test plans
- Drafting audit findings and non-conformity reports
- Day 4: Closing the audit
- Documentation of the audit and the audit quality review
- Closing the audit
- Evaluating action plans by the auditor
- Benefits of the initial audit
- Managing an internal audit program
- Competence and evaluation of auditors
- Closing the training
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of an Energy Management System (EnMS)
- Domain 2 Energy Management System (EnMS)
- Domain 3 Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Domain 4 Preparation of an ISO 50001 audit
- Domain 5 Conducting an ISO 50001 audit
- Domain 6 Closing an ISO 50001 audit
- Domain 7 Managing an ISO 50001 audit program
- The “PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Auditor” exam is available in English;
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about ISO 50001 exam and certification, refer to ISO 50001 Lead Auditor Exam & Certification .