ISO 45001 Lead Implementer Certification
Master the implementation and management of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OH&S MS) based on ISO 45001:2018.
ISO 45001 is the first global Occupational Health and Safety Management System standard that replaces OHSAS 18001.
The ISO 45001 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS) based on ISO 45001. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of an OH&S MS and be able to apply them to continually improve the organization’s OH&S performance and ensure the well-being of employees by providing a safe and healthy workplace.
For more information, please visit PECB .
Learning objectives :
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 45001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks;
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an OH&S management system;
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 45001 requirements in the specific context of an organization;
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an OH&S management system;
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing OH&S management system best practices.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved and concerned with Occupational Health and Safety Management;
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System;
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with OH&S MS requirements;
- OH&S MS team members.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO 45001 and initiation of an OH&S management system
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Fundamental concepts and principles of occupational health and safety (OH&S)
- Initiate the OH&S management system implementation
- Understand the organization and its needs
- Analysis of the existing system
- Day 2: Plan the implementation of an OH&S management system
- Leadership and worker participation
- OH&S management system scope
- OH&S policy and objectives
- Hazard identification and assessment of risks and opportunities
- Day 3: Implementation of an OH&S management system
- Resource management
- Awareness and communication
- Documentation management
- Operations management
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Day 4: OH&S management system monitoring, continuous improvement and preparation for a certification audit
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and performance evaluation
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Treatment of nonconformities and incidents
- Continual improvement
- Preparing for the certification audit
- Certification process and closing the training
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 45001 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS)
- Domain 2 Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS)
- Domain 3 Planning an OH&S MS implementation based on ISO 45001
- Domain 4 Implementing an OH&S MS based on ISO 45001
- Domain 5 Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an OH&S MS based on ISO 45001
- Domain 6 Continual improvement of an OH&S MS based on ISO 45001
- Domain 7 Preparing for an OH&S MS certification audit
- The “PECB Certified ISO 45001 Lead Implementer” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about PECB Certified ISO 45001 exam & certification, refer to ISO 45001 Lead Implementer Exam & Certification .
« Very interesting and helpful training course and material, which I will immediately apply within my professional environment. »