ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Certification
Master the audit of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OH&S MS) based on ISO 45001:2018.
ISO 45001 is the first global Occupational Health and Safety Management System standard that replaces OHSAS 18001.
The ISO 45001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures, and techniques.
During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Learning objectives :
- Understand the operations of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS) based on ISO 45001;
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 45001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks;
- Understand the auditor’s role in planning, leading and following-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011;
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 45001 in the context of an OH&S MS audit.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS) certification audits;
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Occupational Health and Safety Management System audit process;
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with OH&S MS requirements;
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Occupational Health and Safety Management System audit;
- Expert advisors in Occupational Health and Safety Management.
- Day 1: Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS) and ISO 45001
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Certification process
- Fundamental concepts and principles of OH&S
- Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS)
- Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Audit approach based on evidence and risk
- Initiating the audit
- Stage 1 audit
- Preparing the stage 2 audit (on-site audit)
- Day 3: On-site audit activities
- Stage 2 audit
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures
- Creating audit test plans
- Drafting audit findings and nonconformity reports
- Day 4: Closing the audit
- Audit documentation and quality review
- Closing the audit
- Evaluation of action plans by the auditor
- Beyond the initial audit
- Managing an internal audit programme
- Competence and evaluation of auditors
- Closing the training
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 45001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS)
- Domain 2 Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS)
- Domain 3 Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Domain 4 Preparation of an ISO 45001 audit
- Domain 5 Conducting an ISO 45001 audit
- Domain 6 Closing an ISO 45001 audit
- Domain 7 Managing an ISO 45001 audit programme
- The “PECB Certified ISO 45001 Lead Auditor” exam is available in English and French;
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about PECB Certified ISO 45001 exam & certification, refer to ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Exam & Certification.