ISO 22000 Lead Implementer Certification
Master the implementation and management of Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) based on ISO 22000:2018.
This four-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining a Food Safety Management System (FSMS) based on ISO 22000.
During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Food Safety Management Systems and be able to apply them in an organization’s food supply chain in order to effectively control food hazards and ensure quality and safety.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Learning objectives :
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor, and maintain a FSMS;
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 22000 and other standards and regulatory frameworks;
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 22000 requirements in the specific context of an organization;
- Master the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques for the implementation and effective management of a FSMS;
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Food Safety Management System best practices.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved in Food Safety Management;
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of a Food Safety Management System;
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with ISO 22000 requirements;
- FSMS team members.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO 22000 and initiation of a FSMS
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Fundamental principles and concepts of food safety
- Initiate the FSMS implementation
- Understanding the organization and its context
- Leadership and commitment
- FSMS scope & food safety policy (Part 1)
- Day 2: Plan the implementation of a FSMS
- FSMS scope & food safety policy (Part 2)
- Risk management and FSMS objectives
- Resource management
- Awareness & communication
- Documentation management
- Operations management and PRPs
- Day 3: Implementation of a FSMS
- Traceability system
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Hazard control
- Control of monitoring and measuring
- Verification related to PRPs and the hazard control plan
- Control of product and process nonconformities
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis, and evaluation
- Day 4: FSMS monitoring, continuous improvement, and preparation for the certification audit
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Nonconformity and corrective action
- Continual improvement
- Preparing for the certification audit
- Certification process and closing the training
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of a Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
- Domain 2 Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
- Domain 3 Planning a FSMS implementation based on ISO 22000
- Domain 4 Implementing a FSMS based on ISO 22000
- Domain 5 Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of a FSMS based on ISO 22000
- Domain 6 Continual improvement of a FSMS based on ISO 22000
- Domain 7 Preparing for a FSMS certification audit
- The “PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Implementer” exam is available in English;
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about ISO 22301 exam and certification, refer to ISO 22000 Lead Implementer Exam & Certification .