ISO 20000 Lead Implementer Certification
Master the implementation and management of a Service Management System (SMS) based on the ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018.
The ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer training course enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining a Service Management System (SMS) based on the requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000-1 standard.
During this training course, you will also explore the different components of an SMS, which help in improving the quality of the services provided and delivered by an organization, and thus increase its customer satisfaction and overall performance.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Learning objectives :
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an SMS
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 20000-1, ISO/IEC 20000-2 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Learn how to interpret the ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization in effectively planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and maintaining an SMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Service Management System best practices
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved in the implementation of a Service Management System (SMS) in an organization
- Project managers or consultants wishing to master the Service Management System implementation process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformity to the requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000-1 standard
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of a Service Management System
- Members of the SMS implementation team
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 20000 series and initiation of the SMS implementation
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Fundamental concepts and principles of service management
- Initiate the SMS implementation
- Understand the organization and its context
- Gap analysis
- SMS scope
- Day 2: Planning the implementation of an SMS
- Policies and objectives
- Risks and opportunities
- Resources and competence
- Awareness and communication
- Documented information
- Day 3: Implementation of an SMS
- Service portfolio
- Relationship and agreement
- Supply and demand
- Service design, build and transition
- Resolution and fulfillment
- Service assurance
- Day 4: SMS monitoring, continual improvement, and preparation for the certification audit
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis, and evaluation
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Treatment of nonconformities
- Continual improvement
- Preparing for the certification audit
- Certification process and closing the training
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 20000 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of a Service Management System (SMS)
- Domain 2 Service Management System (SMS)
- Domain 3 Planning an SMS implementation based on ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Domain 4 Implementing an SMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Domain 5 Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an SMS
- based on ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Domain 6 Continual improvement of an SMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Domain 7 Preparing for an SMS certification audit
- The “PECB Certified ISO 20000 Lead Implementer” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about ISO 20000 exam and certification, refer to ISO 20000 Lead Implementer Exam & Certification.