ISO 22000 Lead Auditor Certification
Master the Audit of IT Service Management Systems (ITSMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000:2018.
ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an IT Service Management System (ITSMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Learning objectives :
- Understand the operations of an IT Service Management System (ITSMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 20000-1, ISO/IEC 20000-2 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1 in the context of an ITSMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead IT Service Management System (ITSMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an IT Service Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with ITSMS requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an IT Service Management System audit
- Expert advisors in IT Service Management
- Day 1: Introduction to IT Service Management Systems (ITSMS) and ISO/IEC 20000
- Course objectives and structure
- Standard and regulatory framework
- Certification process
- Fundamental principles of service management
- Service Management System (SMS)
- Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Audit approach based on evidence and risk
- Initiating the audit
- Stage 1 audit
- Preparing the stage 2 audit (on-site audit)
- Stage 2 audit (Part 1)
- Day 3: On-site audit activities
- Stage 2 audit (Part 2)
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures
- Creating audit test plans
- Drafting audit findings and non-conformity reports
- Day 4: Closing the audit
- Documentation of the audit and its review
- Closing the audit
- Evaluating action plans by the auditor
- Beyond the initial audit
- Managing an internal audit programme
- Competence and evaluation of auditors
- Closing the training
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 20000 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of an IT Service Management System (ITSMS)
- Domain 2 IT Service Management System (ITSMS)
- Domain 3 Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Domain 4 Preparation of an ISO/IEC 20000-1 audit
- Domain 5 Conducting an ISO/IEC 20000-1 audit
- Domain 6 Closing an ISO/IEC 20000-1 audit
- Domain 7 Managing an ISO/IEC 20000-1 audit program
- The “PECB Certified ISO 20000 Lead Auditor” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about ISO 20000 exam and certification, refer to ISO 20000 Lead Auditor Exam & Certification .