ISO 17025 Lead Implementer Certification
Master the implementation and management of Laboratory Management Systems (LMS) based on ISO 17025:2017.
This four-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support laboratories to meet the requirements of the standard by implementing a quality control system based on ISO 17025.
During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of an LMS in testing and calibration laboratories in order to produce reliable measurement results and open your laboratory`s doors for accreditation and international recognition.
For more information, please visit PECB .
Learning objectives :
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 17025 and other standards and regulatory frameworks;
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of a Laboratory Management System (LMS);
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 17025 requirements in the specific context of the laboratory;
- Learn how to support a laboratory to perform testing and other operating activities;
- Acquire the expertise to advise a laboratory in implementing Laboratory Management System best practices.
Who should attend?
- Individuals involved in Testing and Calibration Laboratories;
- Managers or consultants seeking to master the implementation of a Laboratory Management System;
- Laboratory technicians responsible for maintaining conformance with Testing and Calibration Laboratories Accreditation requirements;
- Individuals responsible for supporting the operations of a Testing and Calibration Laboratory;
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for Testing and Calibration Laboratories competence assessment.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO 17025 and initiation of an LMS
- Course objective and structure
- Standard and regulatory Framework
- Laboratory Management System
- Basic Concepts in Testing and Calibration
- Initiating the LMS implementation
- Understanding the organization and clarifying the objectives
- Analysis of the existing system
- Day 2: Plan the implementation of an LMS
- Leadership and approval of the LMS project
- LMS scope
- Laboratory policies
- Definition of the organizational structure
- Definition of the document management process
- Day 3: Implementation of a LMS
- Design of controls and drafting of specific policies & procedures
- Communication plan
- Training and awareness plan
- Resource Management
- Customer Management
- Operations Management
- Day 4: LMS monitoring, measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for accreditation
- Monitoring, Analysis, and Evaluation
- Internal Audit
- Management Review
- Treatment of problems and nonconformities
- Continual improvement
- Preparing for the accreditation
- Competence and evaluation of implementers
- Closing the training
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 17025 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Laboratory Management System (LMS)
- Domain 2: Laboratory Management System (LMS)
- Domain 3: Planning an LMS based on ISO 17025
- Domain 4: Implementing a management system based on ISO 17025
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of a LMS based on ISO 17025
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of a LMS based on ISO 17025
- Domain 7: Preparing for an accreditation.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 17025 Lead Implementer” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about ISO 17025 exam and certification, refer to ISO 17025 Lead Implementer Exam & Certification .