ISO 14001 Lead Implementer Certification
Master the implementation and management of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) based on ISO 14001:2015.
ISO 14001 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Environmental Management System (EMS) based on ISO 14001. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Environmental Management Systems, consequently reducing an organization’s negative environmental impacts and improving its overall performance and efficiency.
For more information, please visit PECB .
Learning objectives :
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 14001, ISO 14040 and other standards and regulatory frameworks;
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an EMS;
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 14001 requirements in the specific context of an organization;
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an EMS;
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Environmental Management System best practices.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved in Environmental Management;
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Environmental Management System;
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with EMS requirements;
- EMS team members.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO 14001 and initiation of an EMS
- Course objective and structure
- Standard and regulatory Framework
- Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Fundamental principles of environmental management
- Initiating the EMS implementation
- Understanding the organization and clarifying the environmental objectives
- Analysis of the existing management system
- Day 2: Plan the implementation of the EMS
- Leadership and approval of the EMS project
- EMS scope
- Policies for environmental management
- Risk assessment
- Definition of the organizational structure of environmental management
- Day 3: Implementation of an EMS
- Definition of the document management process
- Design of controls and drafting of specific policies & procedures
- Communication plan
- Training and awareness plan
- Implementation of controls
- Incident Management
- Operations Management
- Day 4: EMS monitoring, measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for certification audit
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Treatment of problems and non-conformities
- Continual improvement
- Preparing for the certification audit
- Competence and evaluation of implementers
- Closing the training
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 14001 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of an Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Domain 2 Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Domain 3 Planning an EMS implementation based on ISO 14001
- Domain 4 Implementing an EMS based on ISO 14001
- Domain 5 Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an EMS based on ISO 14001
- Domain 6 Continual improvement of an EMS based on ISO 14001
- Domain 7 Preparing for an EMS certification audit
- The “PECB Certified ISO 14001 Lead Implementer” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about PECB Certified ISO 14001 exam & certification, refer to ISO 14001 Lead Implementer Exam & Certification .
« Je ne peux que recommander la formation ISO 14001 Lead Implementer par Abilene Academy. Elle est donnée de façon très professionnelle, et de plus dans un cadre et une ambiance très agréable. Tout est donc réuni pour mener au succès. »