COVID-19 Workplace Safety
Introduction to the OHS general guidelines for safe working during the COVID-19 pandemic and in preparation of future pandemics (based on ISO / PAS 45005:2020).
The COVID-19 workplace safety training enables you to organize a response to the COVID-19 pandemic (and any future global pandemic) and the increased risk this disease presents to the health, safety, and well-being of people in all settings, including those working at home or in mobile settings, and workers in physical workplaces, or planning to return to their workplaces.
During this one-day training course, you will:
- Identify the benefits and requirements of ISO/PAS 45005:2020 Occupational health and safety management – General guidelines for safe working during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Learn to apply best practices to continue working safely or returning to work.
- Learn to provide a safe and healthy working environment for your workers and your customers or visitors.
- Be able to raise awareness/inform/educate with others (in or out of the workplace).
Learning objectives :
- Understand the characteristics of pandemics (in particular COVID-19) and how they affect organizations.
- Learn about the concepts, approaches, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of OH&S management, specifically focused on the protection measures against COVID-19.
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 45005 recommendations in the specific context of an organization.
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively assess the risks, prepare for and implement protective measures and respond to pandemic situations.
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing COVID-19 specific OH&S management best practices.
- The role of management and the necessity for measuring the effectiveness of the measures implemented.
Who should attend?
- Chief Security Officers who must respond to the COVID-19 threat.
- Officers in Occupational Health and Safety Management that want to organize the return to the office.
- Human resource specialists in charge of coordinating the protection of the staff.
- Facilities and site management personnel who manage the site security and cleaning services.
- Any organization’s team members and/or visitors required to be physically present in place of business.
- Day 1:
- ISO / PAS 45005 in a nutshell
- Layman reminder on pandemics and COVID-19
- The OHS COVID-19 ISO / PAS 45005 standard
- The structure of the standard
- Planning and assessing risks
- What to do in case of suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases
- Psychological health and well-being of the staff
- Inclusivity considerations
- Necessary resources
- Hygiene best practices
- PPE, masks, and face coverings
- Management of operations during a pandemic
- Performance evaluation
- Continual improvement
- Additional information
- Training material containing over 120 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed.
- A participation certificate of 7 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.