PMP® Exam Preparatory Course
A classroom training created to prepare the student to take the PMI’s Project Management Professional certification exam. This course gives a deep understanding of the methodology, tools and processes for managing projects as described by the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK) 5th Edition from PMI, together with a number of practice questions in order to understand the exam and be successful obtaining the certification.
Our classes are led by an experienced partitioner, trainer and academic in the area of project management, and students are expected to engage in discussions of real cases and how the PMI best practices are applied to projects.
Learning objectives :
- Learn the methodology, tools and processes for managing projects, as described in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Fifth Edition published by the Project Management Institute (PMI);
- Practice questions for the certification exam, understand the exam structure and be ready to pass and gain the certification;
- Through examples, gain an understanding of the real application of the methodology in practice;
- Become a better project manager, learning the toolbox available and its application.
Who should attend?
- Project Managers;
- Project Directors
- Program Managers;
- Team Leaders;
- Senior Managers;
- Anyone in a position managing projects, with the minimum required by PMI of 4500 hours of experience leading projects.
- Day 1:
- Course Objectives and Structure
- Introduction to the PMBOK 5th Edition
- Overview of the Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Overview of the Process Groups, Tools and Techniques
- Project Integration Management
- Day 2:
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Day 3:
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Day 4:
- Project Human Resources Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Day 5:
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Practice Exam
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- This course prepares for the Project Management Professional certification and fulfils the requirement of minimum 35 hours of project management education.
- The exam can be scheduled directly with PMI at: PMI