ISO 27001 Internal Auditor Certification
Master the internal auditor’s role to plan, and follow-up on the management of the internal audit of the information security management systems (ISMS) based on ISO 27001:2013.
ISO 27001 Internal Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Information Security Management System (ISMS) internal audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
Furthermore, it helps you understand how to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Information Security Management System (ISMS) internal audit programme. During this training course, you will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal audits based on ISO 19011, and also prepare for the certification process according to ISO 17021-1.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit programme, audit team, communication with external auditors, and conflict resolution.
For more information, please visit PECB .
Learning objectives :
- Understand the goal, content and correlation between ISO 27001, ISO 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks;
- Understand an internal auditor’s role to plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 27001;
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 27001 in the context of an ISMS internal audit;
- Acquire the competencies of an internal auditor to plan an internal audit, lead an internal audit, draft reports, and follow up on an internal audit in compliance with ISO 27001.
Who should attend?
- Auditors, managers or consultants involved in Information Security Management;
- Expert advisors seeking to master the audit of an Information Security Management System;
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with ISMS requirements
- ISMS team members;
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Information Security Management System audit;
- Internal Auditors;
- Information security managers;
- IT managers.
- Day 1: Introduction to information security and ISO 27001
- Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
- Day 3: Implementing an Internal Audit programme and Certification Exam
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 27001 Internal Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Domain 2: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Domain 3: Preparing and Conducting an ISO 27001 internal audit
- Domain 4: Managing an ISO 27001 internal audit programme
- Domain 5: Preparing for an ISMS certification audit.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 27001 Internal Auditor” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 2 hours;
- For more information about PECB Certified ISO 27001 exam and certification, refer to PECB-ISO-27001-Internal-Auditor.