ISO 27701 Lead Implementer Certification
Master the implementation and management of Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) based on ISO 27701:2019.
This four-day intensive course enables participants to prepare implement a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) in compliance with the requirements and guidance of the ISO 27701. Moreover, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the best practices of privacy information management and learn how to manage and process data while complying with various data privacy regimes.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Learning objectives :
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of a PIMS;
- Learn about the correlation between ISO 27701, ISO 27001, ISO 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks;
- Understand the operation of a PIMS based on ISO 27701 and its principal processes;
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 27701 in the specific context of an organization;
- Develop the expertise to support an organization in effectively planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and maintaining a PIMS.
Who should attend?
- Managers and consultants involved in privacy and data management;
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of a Privacy Information Management System;
- Individuals responsible and accountable for Personally Identifiable Information (PII) within organizations;
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with data privacy regimes requirements;
- PIMS team members.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO 27701 and initiation of a PIMS:
- Training course objectives and structure;
- Standards and regulatory frameworks;
- Privacy Information Management System (PIMS);
- Fundamental concepts and principles of information security and privacy;
- Initiation of the PIMS implementation;
- Analysis of the ISMS scope and Statement of Applicability;
- PIMS scope;
- Management approval;
- Privacy risk assessment.
- Day 2: Planning and implementing a PIMS:
- Privacy impact assessment;
- PIMS Statement of Applicability;
- Documentation management;
- Selection of controls;
- Implementation of controls.
- Day 3: PIMS monitoring, continual improvement, and preparation for the certification audit and certification exam:
- Implementation of controls (cont’d);
- Implementation of controls specific for PII controllers;
- Implementation of controls specific for PII processors
- Day 4: PIMS monitoring, continual improvement, and preparation for the certification audit and certification exam:
- Awareness, training, and communication;
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis, evaluation, and management review;
- Internal audit;
- Treatment of nonconformities;
- Continual improvement;
- Preparing for the certification audit;
- Certification process and closing of the training course.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 27701 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS)
- Domain 2: Privacy Information Management System controls and best practices
- Domain 3: Planning a PIMS implementation based on ISO 27701
- Domain 4: Implementing a PIMS based on ISO 27701
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an ISMS based on ISO 27001
- Domain 6: Continuous improvement of a PIMS based on ISO 27701
- Domain 7: Preparing for a PIMS certification audit
- The “PECB Certified ISO 27701 Lead Implementer” exam is available in English;
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about PECB Certified ISO 27701 exam and certification, refer to ISO 27701 Lead Implementer Exam & Certification.
«Trainers have very good experience in the domains and are able to illustrate topics with samples that is really helpful to understand.»
«Very interactive trainings are provided with also a lot of real life examples.»
«You did a great job ! Go on !»