ISO 27002 Lead Manager Certification
Mastering the Implementation and Management of Information Security Controls based on ISO 27002:2013.
This four-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise and knowledge to support an organization in implementing and managing Information Security controls as specified in ISO 27002.
Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to appropriately govern Information Security controls across all the principles of ISO 27002.
For more information, please visit PECB .
Learning objectives :
- Master the implementation of Information Security controls by adhering to the framework and principles of ISO 27002;
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective implementation and management of Information Security controls;
- Comprehend the relationship between the components of Information Security controls, including responsibility, strategy, acquisition, performance, conformance, and human behavior;
- Understand the importance of information security for the strategy of the organization;
- Master the implementation of information security management processes;
- Master the formulation and implementation of security requirements and objectives.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants seeking to implement an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO 27001 and ISO 27002;
- Project managers or consultants seeking to master the Information Security Management System implementation process;
- Individuals responsible for the information security, compliance, risk, and governance, in an organization;
- Members of information security teams;
- Expert advisors in information technology;
- Information Security officers;
- Privacy officers;
- IT professionals;
- CTOs, CIOs and CISOs.
- Day 1: Introduction to Information Security controls and ISO 27002:
- Course objective and structure;
- Standard and regulatory framework;
- Fundamental Principles of Information Security;
- Information Security Management System;
- Information security policies;
- Organization of information security.
- Day 2: Human resources, Asset Management and Access Control:
- Human resources security:
- Asset Management:
- Access Control.
- Day 3: Operations and communications security as required by ISO 27001:
- Physical and Environmental Security;
- Operations Security;
- Communications security.
- Day 4: Continuous improvement and preparation for certification:
- System acquisition, development and maintenance;
- Supplier Relationships;
- Information security Incident Management;
- Information security aspects of business continuity management;
- Golden Rules and Conclusion;
- Lead Manager Certification Scheme;
- Closing the Training.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 27002 Lead Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts for Information Security Controls;
- Domain 2: Information Security Control Best Practice based on ISO 27002:
- Domain 2.1: Guidance for Information Security Controls;
- Domain 2.2: Evaluate the need and applicability of each control;
- Domain 2.3: Direct the adherence to each control;
- Domain 2.4: Monitor all or key activities related to all the controls.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 27002 Lead Manager” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours;
- For more information about PECB Certified ISO 27002 exam and certification, refer to ISO 27002 Lead Manager exam & certification .