ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager Certification
Master the implementation and management of Projects based on ISO 21500:2012.
This four-day intensive course enables participants to acquire the expertise to lead an organization and its team to implement, manage and maintain projects based on ISO 21500.
During this training course, you will also gain a comprehensive knowledge of the best practices of Project Management and be able to effectively apply them in an organization in order to successfully plan, implement, control and close a project while meeting project objectives.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Learning objectives :
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 21500 and other standards, regulatory frameworks and practices;
- Master the concepts, processes, tools and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of projects;
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 21500 concepts and processes in the specific context of an organization;
- Acquire the expertise to support an organization to effectively implement and manage projects based on best practices;
- Master the skills to manage and govern projects through their life cycle.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants responsible for managing the implementation of projects based on ISO 21500;
- Expert advisors seeking to gain comprehensive knowledge of the key concepts and processes of Project Management;
- Individuals involved in Project Management;
- Professionals seeking to acquire Project Management skills, which will help them to successfully achieve project objectives;
- Project team members.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO 21500 and initiating processes of Project Management
- Course objectives and structure
- Standard and regulatory framework
- Project Management concepts based on ISO 21500
- Project Management process based on ISO 21500
- Develop a Project Charter
- Identify the stakeholders
- Establish the project team
- Day 2: Planning the implementation of Project Management Processes
- Develop project plans
- Define scope
- Estimate resources and define project organization
- Sequence activities
- Cost estimating and budget development
- Risk identification and assessment
- Quality planning
- Day 3: Implementing the processes as specified in ISO 21500
- Plan procurement
- Plan communications
- Direct project work
- Manage the stakeholders
- Develop a project team
- Risk treatment
- Perform quality assurance
- Select suppliers
- Distribute information
- Control project work
- Control scope
- Day 4: Controlling and closing Project Management Processes
- Control resources and project management team
- Control schedule
- Control costs
- Control risks
- Perform a quality control
- Administer procurements
- Manage communications
- Project closure
- Closing the training
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of Project Management
- Domain 2 Initiating the processes of Project Management
- Domain 3 Planning the processes of Project Management
- Domain 4 Implementing the processes to perform the Project Management activities
- Domain 5 Controlling the processes of Project Management to monitor and measure their performance against project objectives
- Domain 6 Closing Project Management Processes
- Domain 7 Evaluating the competencies of Lead Project Manager
- The “PECB Certified ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about ISO 21500 exam and certification, refer to ISO 21500 Lead Project Manager Exam & Certification .