GDPR Certified data Protection Officer
Develop the competencies and knowledge necessary to lead all the processes to comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in an organization.
As data protection is becoming more and more valuable, the need for organizations to protect these data is also constantly increasing. Besides violating the fundamental rights and freedoms of persons, not complying with the data protection regulations can lead to risky situations that could harm an organization’s credibility, reputation, and financial status. This is where your skills as a data protection officers come to place.
The PECB Certified Data Protection Officer training course will help you acquire the knowledge and skills to serve as a Data Protection Officer (DPO) so as to help organizations ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master the role of the DPO and become competent to inform, advise, and monitor compliance with the GDPR and cooperate with the supervisory authority.
For more information, please visit PECB .
Learning objectives :
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the basic concepts and components of the Data Protection Regulation;
- Understand the goal, content of and the correlation between the General Data Protection Regulation and other regulatory frameworks;
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques for the effective protection of data;
- Interpret the data protection requirements in the specific context of an organization;
- Develop the expertise to support an organization to plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain ongoing compliance to the GDPR.
Who should attend?
- Project managers or consultants seeking to prepare and support an organization in planning, implementing, and maintaining a compliance program based on the GDPR;
- DPO and Senior Managers responsible for the personal data protection of an enterprise and the management of its risks;
- Members of an information security, incident management and business continuity team;
- Expert advisors involved in security of personal data;
- Technical experts and compliance experts seeking to prepare for a Data Protection Officer role.
- Day 1: Introduction to the GDPR concepts and principles
- Training course objectives and structure ;
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ;
- Core considerations for the GDPR.
- Day 2: Designation of the DPO and analysis of the GDPR compliance program
- Designation of the DPO ;
- Analysis of the GDPR compliance program ;
- Relationship with the top management ;
- Data protection policy ;
- Register of processing activities ;
- Risk management process.
- Day 3: DPO operations
- Data protection impact assessment ;
- Documentation management ;
- Evaluation of the data protection controls ;
- Data protection and technology ;
- Awareness, training, and communication.
- Day 4: Monitoring and continual improvement of GDPR compliance
- Incident management and personal data breaches ;
- Monitoring and measuring compliance ;
- Data protection internal audit ;
- Treatment of nonconformities ;
- Continual improvement ;
- Closing the training course.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1 Data protection concepts, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and compliance measures
- Domain 2 Roles and responsibilities of accountable parties for the GDPR compliance
- Domain 3 Technical and organizational measures for data protection
- The “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish)
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about CDPO exam & certification, refer to CDPO Exam & Certification .
«The teacher was clearly a subject matter expert in all aspects of the GDPR. I enjoyed the comments and explications, and the interaction between students.»
« Course was really helpfull and provided good guidance as have to implement & ensure adherence to GDPR guidelines.»
« Cette formation est très utile pour démystifier la problématique GDPR et disposer d’un plan d’action concret pour la mise en conformité. »
« La formation permet d’appréhender le cycle de vie de la GDPR / RGPD. On y répond à de nombreuses questions et l’on est équipé pour lancer les actions sur le sujet. »
« Une formation très utile pour aussi bien savoir quoi faire vis-à-vis de GDPR que savoir quelles sont les obligations pour qui et pourquoi. Merci pour du temps bien investi. »
« A very dynamic course, with clear guidance and good material that will definitely help me continue with my compliance and risk management activities. »