Develop the competencies and knowledge necessary to lead all the processes to comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in an organization.
The Certified Data Protection Officer training course enables you to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and competence to effectively implement and manage a compliance framework with regard to the protection of personal data.
For more information, please visit PECB .
Learning objectives :
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the basic concepts and components of the Data Protection Regulation;
- Understand the goal, content of and the correlation between the General Data Protection Regulation and other regulatory frameworks;
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques for the effective protection of data;
- Interpret the data protection requirements in the specific context of an organization;
- Develop the expertise to support an organization to plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain ongoing compliance to the GDPR.
Who should attend?
- Project managers or consultants seeking to prepare and support an organization in planning, implementing, and maintaining a compliance program based on the GDPR;
- DPO and Senior Managers responsible for the personal data protection of an enterprise and the management of its risks;
- Members of an information security, incident management and business continuity team;
- Expert advisors involved in security of personal data;
- Technical experts and compliance experts seeking to prepare for a Data Protection Officer role.
- Day 1: Introduction to the GDPR and initiation of GDPR Compliance
- Course objectives and structure
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Fundamental principles of the GDPR
- Initiating GDPR implementation
- Understanding the organization and clarifying the Data Protection objectives
- Analysis of the existing system
- Day 2: Plan the implementation of the GDPR
- Leadership and approval of a GDPR Compliance Project
- Data protection Policy
- Definition of the organizational structure of data protection
- Data classification
- Risk assessment under the GDPR
- Day 3: Deploying the GDPR h Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA)
- Design of security controls and drafting of specific policies and procedures
- Implementation of controls
- Definition of the document management process
- Communication plan
- Day 4: Monitoring and continuous improvement of GDPR compliance
- Training and awareness plan
- Operations management
- Incident management
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
- Internal audit
- Data breaches and corrective actions
- Continual improvement
- Competence, evaluation and closing the training.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1 Data Protection Concepts and Rights of the Data Subject
- Domain 2 Data controllers, processors and the DPO
- Domain 3 Planning the GDPR compliance project
- Domain 4 Data Protection Impact Assessment and Privacy Impact Assessment
- Domain 5 Data Protection Measures and Approaches
- Domain 6 Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of the GDPR compliance project
- The “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish)
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about CDPO exam & certification, refer to CDPO Exam & Certification .
«The teacher was clearly a subject matter expert in all aspects of the GDPR. I enjoyed the comments and explications, and the interaction between students.»
« Course was really helpfull and provided good guidance as have to implement & ensure adherence to GDPR guidelines.»
« Cette formation est très utile pour démystifier la problématique GDPR et disposer d’un plan d’action concret pour la mise en conformité. »
« La formation permet d’appréhender le cycle de vie de la GDPR / RGPD. On y répond à de nombreuses questions et l’on est équipé pour lancer les actions sur le sujet. »
« Une formation très utile pour aussi bien savoir quoi faire vis-à-vis de GDPR que savoir quelles sont les obligations pour qui et pourquoi. Merci pour du temps bien investi. »
« A very dynamic course, with clear guidance and good material that will definitely help me continue with my compliance and risk management activities. »