Lead SCADA Security Manager Certification
Develop the necessary expertise to plan, design, and implement an effective program to protect SCADA systems.
Lead SCADA Security Manager training enables participants to understand common Industrial Control System (ICS) threats, vulnerabilities, risks related to the Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and techniques used to manage these risks. This training focuses on several aspects of security management and skills related to SCADA/ICS security.
Lead SCADA Security Manager training course is designed by industry experts with in-depth experience in SCADA and Industrial Control Systems Security. Unlike other trainings, this training course concentrates specifically on the knowledge and skills needed by a professional seeking to advice on, or manage risks related to SCADA environments and systems. Given the high-profile nature and the significant impacts associated with such environments, a holistic professional approach to security is needed and that is exactly what this course is designed to provide.
For more information, please visit PECB .
Learning objectives :
- Understand and explain the purpose and risks to SCADA systems, Distributed Control Systems and Programmable Logic Controllers;
- Understand the risks faced by these environments and the appropriate approaches to manage such risks;
- Develop the expertise to support a pro-active SCADA Security program, including policies and vulnerability management;
- Define and design network architecture incorporating defense in advanced security controls for SCADA;
- Explain the relationship between management, operational and technical controls in a SCADA Security program;
- Improve the ability to design resilient and high availability SCADA systems;
- Learn how to manage a program of effective security testing activities.
Who should attend?
- Security professionals interested in acquiring SCADA security professional skills;
- IT professionals looking to enhance their technical skills and knowledge;
- IT and Risk Managers seeking a more detailed understanding of ICS and SCADA systems;
- SCADA system developers;
- SCADA engineers and operators;
- SCADA IT professionals.
- Day 1: Introduction to SCADA and ICS:
- Course objectives and structure
- Fundamental principles and concepts of SCADA and SCADA Security
- Industrial Control Systems (ICS) characteristics, threats and vulnerabilities
- Day 2: Designing a Security Program and Network Security Architecture:
- SCADA Security program
- Risk assessment
- Network security architecture for SCADA systems
- Day 3: Implementing ICS Security Controls, Incident Management and Business Continuity:
- Implementation of security controls for SCADA systems
- Incident management
- Linkage to business continuity
- Monitoring, measurement analysis and evaluation
- Day 4: Security testing of SCADA systems:
- Testing principles
- Legal and ethical issues
- Penetration testing approaches
- Security testing of ICS
- Management of a penetration test
- Documentation of the test, quality review and report
- Maintaining a testing program
- Competence and evaluation of SCADA Security Managers
- Closing the training
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified Lead SCADA Security Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of SCADA and SCADA Security
- Domain 2: Industrial Control Systems (ICS) characteristics, threats and vulnerabilities
- Domain 3: Designing and developing an ICS Security Program based on NIST SP 800-82
- Domain 4: Network security architecture for SCADA systems
- Domain 5: Implementation of security controls for SCADA systems
- Domain 6: Developing resilient and robust systems
- Domain 7: Security testing of SCADA systems
- The “PECB Certified Lead SCADA Security Manager” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about PECB Certified ISO 27034 exam and certification, refer to Lead SCADA Security Manager Exam & Certification .