Lead Pen Test Professional Certification
Master Professional Penetration Testing.
Lead Pen Test Professional training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to lead a professional penetration test by using a mix of practical techniques and management skills.
This course is designed by industry experts with in-depth experience in the Penetration Testing field. Unlike other trainings, this training course is focused specifically on the knowledge and skills needed by professionals looking to lead or take part in a penetration test. It drills down into the latest technical knowledge, tools and techniques in key areas including infrastructure, Web Application security, Mobile security and Social Engineering. In addition, this course concentrates on how to practically apply what is learned on current day-to-day penetration testing and does not expand on unrelated, dated or unnecessary theoretical concepts.
For more information, please visit PECB .
Learning objectives :
- Learn how to interpret and illustrate the main Penetration Testing concepts and principles;
- Understand the core technical knowledge needed to organize and carry out an effective set of Pen Tests;
- Learn how to effectively plan a Penetration Test and identify a scope which is suitable and appropriate based on risk;
- Acquire hands-on practical skills and knowledge on relevant tools and techniques used to efficiently conduct a Penetration Testing;
- Learn how to effectively manage the time and resources needed to scale a specific Penetration Test.
Who should attend?
- IT professionals looking to enhance their technical skills and knowledge;
- Auditors looking to understand the Penetration Testing processes;
- IT and Risk managers seeking a more detailed understanding of the appropriate and beneficial use of Penetration Tests;
- Incident handlers and Business Continuity professionals looking to use testing as part of their testing regimes;
- Penetration testers;
- Ethical hackers;
- Cybersecurity professionals.
- Day 1: Introduction to Penetration Testing, ethics, planning and scoping:
- Course objectives and structure
- Penetration Testing principles
- Legal and ethical issues
- Fundamental principles of information security and risk management
- Penetration Testing approaches
- Penetration Testing phases
- Management of a Penetration Test
- Day 2: Technical foundation knowledge and techniques (with practical exercises in all areas):
- Technical foundation knowledge
- Day 3: Conducting a Penetration Test (using tools and techniques) and reviewing testing areas:
- Conducting a penetration test – Infrastructure testing
- Conducting a penetration test – Web application penetration testing
- Conducting a penetration test – Mobile testing
- Conducting a penetration test – Social engineering testing
- Conducting a penetration test – Physical security testing
- Day 4: Analyzing results from testing, reporting and follow up:
- Documentation of the test quality review and reporting
- Action plans and follow up
- Managing a test program
- Competence and evaluation of penetration testers
- Capture the flag exercises
- Closing the training
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified Lead Pen Test Professional” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts in Penetration Testing
- Domain 2: Technical foundations for Penetration Testing
- Domain 3: Scoping and planning a Penetration Test
- Domain 4: Conducting a Penetration Test including test types, tools and methods
- Domain 5: Specific Penetration Testing types and techniques (infrastructure, application, mobile technology and social engineering)
- Domain 6: Analyzing results and the reporting process
- Domain 7: Penetration Test follow up
- The “PECB Certified Lead Pen Test Professional” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about PECB Certified Lead Pen Test Professional exam and certification, refer to Lead Pen Test Professional Exam & Certification .