Lead Ethical Hacker Certification
Expand your knowledge of ethical hacking and IT security, improve your hacking skills and perfect knowledge of the most advanced techniques in IT security.
The Certified Lead Ethical Hacker training course enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform information system penetration tests by applying recognized principles, procedures and penetration testing techniques, in order to identify potential threats on a computer network. During this training course, you will gain the knowledge and skills to manage a penetration testing project or team, as well as plan and perform internal and external pen tests, in accordance with various standards such as the Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES) and the Open-Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM). Moreover, you will also gain a thorough understanding on how to draft reports and countermeasure proposals. Additionally, through practical exercises, you will be able to master penetration testing techniques and acquire the skills needed to manage a pen test team, as well as customer communication and conflict resolution.
The Certified Lead Ethical Hacking training course provides a technical vision of information security through ethical hacking, using common techniques such as information gathering and vulnerability detection, both inside and outside of a business network.
The training is also compatible with the NICE (The National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education) Protect and Defend framework.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Learning objectives :
- Understand the fundamental concepts of ethical hacking and the required technical knowledge to perform and manage penetration tests.
- Master the concepts, approaches, standards, methods, and techniques used for the operation of an effective ethical hacking process.
- Acquire the expertise to conduct a penetration test following a logical path by using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Develop the expertise to analyze the results of testing activities and produce effective reports which will help organizations to effectively address vulnerabilities.
- Strengthen the personal qualities necessary to act with due professional care when conducting penetration tests.
- Be able to define and explain the different phases of cyberattacks.
- Become acquainted with the different tools used to collect information before performing any attack.
- Learn about the different attacks that affect the security of an organization’s network.
- Learn how to perform the different steps comprising a penetration test (ethical hacking) and its associated tools by obtaining information, scanning, enumeration and attack processes.
- Learn about the most important aspects of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks and their tools.
Who should attend?
- Individuals interested in IT Security, and particularly in Ethical Hacking, to either learn more about the topic or to start a process of professional reorientation.
- Information security officers and professionals seeking to master ethical hacking and penetration testing techniques.
- Managers or consultants wishing to learn how to control the penetration testing process.
- Auditors wishing to perform and conduct professional penetration tests.
- Persons responsible for maintaining the security of information systems in an organization.
- Technical experts who want to learn how to prepare a pen test.
- Cybersecurity professionals and information security team members.
- Day 1: Overview of cybersecurity, ethical hacking and contemporary architecture
- Day 2: Active recognition
- Day 3: System operation
- Day 4: Exploitation and post-exploitation, and report drafting
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified Lead Ethical Hacker” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of ethical hacking
- Domain 2: Attack mechanisms
- Domain 3: Principles and reference frameworks on penetration tests
- Domain 4: Planning and performing penetration tests using various tools and techniques
- Domain 5: Drafting penetration testing reports
- The “PECB Certified Lead Ethical Hacker” exam is available in English;
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about PECB Certified Lead Ethical Hacker exam and certification, refer to Lead Ethical Hacker Exam & Certification.