Cybersecurity Essentials Certification
Start building your career in Cybersecurity by gaining an essential knowledge on Cybersecurity, including how to anticipate threats, protect systems and networks.
This training course has been designed to prepare anyone to become a cybersecurity professional. The content of this training course represents the essentials of Cybersecurity, and it is designed in the way that the capabilities learned by following this training course will be used to protect organizations and the society as a whole from areas of emerging threats. Throughout this training, you will gain a comprehensive knowledge on Cybersecurity based on the best practices, the relationship between Cybersecurity and other types of IT Securities, the identification of processes that are the most vulnerable to cyber-attacks, and so on. Participants will gain an insight into the fundamental Cybersecurity principles, Risk Management, Security Architecture and Controls, Incident Management, Cryptography and Operations Security, etc.
In addition to the training, participants will have access to exams in order to receive an internationally recognized certification that will validate their Cybersecurity skills and prepare them to successfully enter or advance in the labor market.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Learning objectives :
- Understand and acquire comprehensive knowledge on the main concepts of cybersecurity and the relationship between cybersecurity and other types of IT securities;
- Explain the goal and content of different standards and other best practices related to cybersecurity and information security;
- Master concepts and fundamental cybersecurity principles, risk management, network security, incident management, cloud security, software development security, etc.;
- Obtain the expertise required in order to be able to build a career in cybersecurity.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at all the individuals who want to guide their future professional career in the area of Cybersecurity. It is not important whether you are a student, manager, engineer, IT administrator, systems administrator etc., this is a training course for everyone who wants to expand his or her professional knowledge in this area.
- Day 1 Introduction to Information Security
- Section 01: Course objectives and structure
- Section 02: Fundamental concepts in cybersecurity
- Section 03: Fundamental principles and concepts
- Section 04: Threats and malware
- Section 05: Cybersecurity components
- Section 06: Information security policies
- Section 07: Organization of information security
- Section 08: Information security for supplier relationships
- Day 2 Information Security Risk Management
- Section 09: Information security risk management based on ISO 27005
- Section 10: EBIOS risk assessment methodology
- Section 11: MEHARI risk assessment methodology
- Section 12: OCTAVE risk assessment methodology
- Day 3 Asset Security, Identity and Access Management
- Section 13: Human resources security
- Section 14: Asset management
- Section 15: Identity and access management
- Day 4 Cryptography and Operations Security
- Section 16: Cryptography
- Section 17: Operations security
- Section 18: Logging and monitoring
- Day 5 Physical Security & Mid-Course Exam
- Section 19: Physical security
- Section 20: Equipment security
- Day 6 Communications and Network Security
- Section 21: Network architecture
- Section 22: Network controls
- Section 23: Security of network and wireless services
- Section 24: Segregation in networks
- Section 25: Information transfer
- Day 7 Incident Management and Business Continuity
- Section 26: Business continuity
- Section 27: Incident management
- Section 28: Incident response and forensics
- Day 8 Data Protection and Security
- Section 29: The legal aspect of cybersecurity
- Section 30: Protection of personal data
- Section 31: Privacy by design
- Section 32: Personal data protection controls
- Day 9 Cloud Security
- Section 33: Fundamental concepts and definitions of cloud security
- Section 34: Cloud computing risks
- Section 35: Key security aspects in cloud environment
- Section 36: Cloud computing controls
- Day 10 Software Development Security and Acquisition & Certification Exam
- Section 37: Fundamental concepts of software development security
- Section 38: Software development lifecycle
- Section 39: Software application attacks and controls
- Section 40: Closing the training
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified Cybersecurity Essentials” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security
- Domain 2: Information security risk management
- Domain 3: Asset security & identity and access management
- Domain 4: Cryptography & operations security
- Domain 5: Physical security
- Domain 6: Communications and network security
- Domain 7: Incident management & business continuity
- Domain 8: Data protection and security
- Domain 9: Cloud security
- Domain 10: Software development security and acquisition
- The “PECB Certified Cybersecurity Essentials” exam is available in English;
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB User Manual;
- Duration: 4 hours
- For more information about PECB Certified Cybersecurity Essentials exam and certification, refer to Cybersecurity Essentials Exam & Certification.