Lead Disaster Recovery Manager Certification
Mastering the Implementation and Management of Disaster Recovery Services.
This four-day intensive course enables the participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, maintaining and managing an ongoing Disaster Recovery plan.
Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices regarding Disaster Recovery processes regarding its implementation and management in an organization.
For more information, please visit PECB .
Learning objectives :
- Acknowledge the correlation between Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity Management, Information Security and other IT areas and frameworks;
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of a Disaster Recovery Plan;
- Learn how to interpret the ICT Disaster Recovery strategies in the specific context of an organization;
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain DR services based on best practices;
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing an effective Disaster Recovery Plan based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Disaster Recovery professionals or consultants seeking to master the necessary concepts and processes related to recovery strategies;
- Managers responsible to establish a Disaster Recovery plan in an organization;
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with organization`s Disaster Recovery requirements;
- Disaster Recovery team members.
- Day 1: Introduction to Disaster Recovery:
- Concepts and definitions related to Disaster Recovery;
- Disaster Recovery frameworks and methodologies;
- Implementation of a Disaster Recovery plan;
- Understanding an organization and its context.
- Day 2: Risk assessment and mitigation for Disaster Recovery:
- Differences between business continuity and disaster recovery;
- Asset management;
- Risk assessment and mitigation;
- Document management;
- Information security;
- Business continuity.
- Day 3: Disaster Recovery facilities and planning:
- Recovery facilities;
- Outsourced services;
- Recovery sites;
- Activation of disaster recovery plan.
- Day 4: Disaster Recovery performance and assessment:
- Performance measurement;
- Continual improvement.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified Lead Disaster Recovery Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental concepts, approaches, methods and techniques of disaster recovery;
- Domain 2: Disaster Recovery program;
- Domain 3: Guidance for Disaster Recovery;
- Domain 4: Evaluate the need and applicability of each principle;
- Domain 5: Direct the adherence to each principle;
- Domain 6: Monitor all or key activities related to all the principles.
- The “PECB Certified Lead Disaster Recovery Manager” exam is available in English;
- Duration: 3 hours;
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- For more information about ISO Lead Disaster Recovery Manager exam and certification, refer to ISO Lead Disaster Recovery Manager Certification .