ISO 22320 Foundation Certification
Become acquainted with the best practices for managing an effective Emergency Management based on ISO 22320:2011.
The ISO 22320 Foundation training enables you to learn the basic elements to implement and operate an Emergency Management as specified in ISO 22320.
During this training course, you will be able to understand the different modules of an Emergency Management, including Emergency Management policy, procedures, performance measurements, management commitment, internal audit, management review and continual improvement.
For more information, please visit PECB .
Learning objectives :
- Understand the components and operations of emergency management and its processes conform to ISO 22320 and its principal processes;
- Analyze the goal, content and correlation between ISO 22320, ISO 22301 as well as other emergency and incident management standards and regulations;
- Understand the concepts, approaches, standards for an effective operation of an Emergency Management program.
Who should attend?
- Individuals involved in Emergency Management;
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of Emergency Management;
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with the ISO 22320 requirements;
- Emergency management team members.
- Day 1: Introduction to Emergency Management, prevention, mitigation and preparedness of Incident response:
- Course objectives and structure;
- Standard and regulatory frameworks;
- Emergency management overview;
- Hazard identification;
- Risk assessment;
- Mitigation measures;
- Emergency response plans;
- Communication, awareness and public warning;
- Training, testing and exercise programs.
- Day 2: Decision making, recovery and maintenance of incidents:
- Command and control;
- Operational information;
- Coordination and cooperation;
- Business Continuity;
- Restoring normality;
- Closing the training.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 22320 Foundation” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts in emergency management;
- Domain 2: Emergency management framework.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 22320 Foundation” exam is available in English;
- Duration: 1 hour;
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- For more information about ISO 22316 exam and certification, refer to ISO 22320 Foundation Exam & Certification .