ISO 22317 Foundation Certification
Become acquainted with the best practices of Business Impact Analysis (BIA) based on ISO 22317:2015.
Business Impact Analysis (BIA) is essential for building a Business Continuity Management program across the organization. All companies are exposed to incidents or unintended events that can have various negative consequences, including productivity paralysis, economic losses, bad corporate reputation or loss of sensitive and confidential data.
To minimize these risks in case they materialize, the organization needs to identify the most obvious threats and the impact they would have in the organization. ISO 22317 Foundation training enables you to learn the basic elements necessary to perform a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) process.
During this training course, you will be able to learn and understand the BIA model, including the methodology, tools, and approaches used to complete an in-depth Business Impact Analysis.
For more information, please visit PECB .
Learning objectives :
- Understand the elements and components of a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) process;
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 22317, ISO 22301 and other standards and regulatory frameworks;
- Understand the approaches, methods and techniques used to perform a Business Impact Analysis process.
Who should attend?
- Individuals involved in Business Continuity Management;
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of Business Impact Analysis (BIA);
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in Business Continuity Management.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO 22317 and overview of Business Impact Analysis
- Day 2: Performance, process monitoring and review of Business Impact Analysis and Certification Exam
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 22317 Foundation” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Domain 2: BIA tools and techniques
- Domain 3: Role of the BIA in the Business Continuity Management lifecycle
- The “Certified ISO 22317 Foundation” exam is available in English;
- Duration: 1 hour;
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- For more information about ISO 22317 exam and certification, refer to ISO 22317 Foundation Exam & Certification .