ISO 22301 Lead Implementer Certification
Mastering the implementation and management of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301:2019.
No two disasters in the world cause equal damage. Between the unpredictability of natural disasters, information security breaches, and incidents of different nature, preparedness can make you stand out in the crowd and predict the future of your business. In light of this, proper planning is essential to mitigating risks, avoiding consequences, coping with the negative effects of disasters and incidents, but at the same time, continuing your daily operations so that customer needs do not remain unfulfilled.
Organizations can make progress towards understanding and managing disasters, incidents, and risks by having a BCMS based on ISO 22301 in place. Therefore, PECB has designed this training course to prepare its participants implement a business continuity management system (BCMS) in compliance with the requirements of ISO 22301. Attending this training course allows you to gain a comprehensive understanding of the best practices of the business continuity management system and to be able to establish a framework that allows the organization to continue operating efficiently during disruptive events.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Learning objectives :
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of a BCMS;
- Learn how to interpret and implement the requirements of ISO 22301 in the specific context of an organization;
- Understand the operation of the business continuity management system and its processes based on ISO 22301;
- Acquire the necessary knowledge to support an organization in effectively planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and continually improving a BCMS.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved in Business Continuity Management;
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System;
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with BCMS requirements;
- BCMS team members.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO 22301 and initiation of a BCMS
- Training course objectives and structure ;
- Management system standards ;
- Fundamental business continuity principles and concepts ;
- Business continuity management system ;
- Initiation of the BCMS implementation ;
- The organization and its context ;
- Analysis of the existing system ;
- BCMS scope.
- Day 2: Implementation plan of a BCMS
- Leadership and commitment ;
- Business continuity objectives and planning of changes ;
- Business continuity policy ;
- Organizational structure ;
- Documented information management ;
- Competence and awareness ;
- Business impact analysis.
- Day 3: Implementation of a BCMS
- Risk assessment ;
- Business continuity strategies and solutions ;
- Business continuity plans and procedures ;
- Incident response plan ;
- Emergency response plan ;
- Crisis management plan ;
- Day 4: BCMS monitoring, continual improvement, and preparation for the certification audit
- Exercise programs ;
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis, and evaluation ;
- Internal audit ;
- Management review ;
- Treatment of nonconformities ;
- Continual improvement ;
- Preparing for the certification audit ;
- Certification process and closing of the training course.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental business continuity principles and concepts
- Domain 2: Business continuity management system (BCMS) requirements
- Domain 3: Planning a BCMS implementation based on ISO 22301
- Domain 4: Implementing a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation and monitoring and measurement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 7: Preparing for a BCMS certification audit
- The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about ISO 22301 exam and certification, refer to ISO 22301 Lead Implementer Exam & Certification .
«Henri presented this dry topic in an interesting and funny way. Thanks to his immense experience he could explain theoretical topics in using practical examples.»
«I did really appreciate the training on the whole, particularly the methodology and the trainer.»
«It was a pleasure to attend the course. It’s well deployed and the trainer shows openess to questions and includes professional stories to better explain.»
« Formation très utile, formateur très engagé et disponible pour toutes interrogations. »
« Une formation avec un formateur convivial, maitrisant le sujet et illustrant les points abordés avec des exemples qu’il a vécus (ou vus). »
« Henri perfectly filled in the gaps in our knowledge and tailored the course contents to our difficult schedules, many thanks !»
« Constructive / Realistic
Overview of the ISO 22301 standard
Allowing effective implementation into our organization »
« I find it very useful and relevant in views of the changing scenarios and environment we operate in. »
« The ISO 22301 training course provided a clear and easy to understand baseline in BCMS. The course was particularly useful as it was tailored to my organization and illustrated real world examples. »
« I attended the course “ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” which I found extremely useful and excellent structured. Certainly an asset for my work. The training material provided is also excellent. »
« The ISO 22301 Lead Implementer Course sets the stage for us to successfully implement a business continuity strategy for The Global Fund … a great investment ! »
« Great training with dynamic and highly knowledgeable professional trainers ! »
« Trainers have a strong and solid experience in the BCM field, and their expertise is recognized on the Swiss market. So having a training with Abilene Academy is more than just a training, it is as well taking benefit from concrete experience and examples.»
«La formation Business Continuity m’a permis de mieux comprendre les besoins et attentes liés à la mise en place d’un BCM. Le formateur a démontré une grande expertise et expérience dans ce domaine en apportant des exemples concrets permettant de mieux intégrer les différents concepts.»
«I had the pleasure of benefiting from Henri’s professionalism in 2015, when he delivered a Business Continuity course I attended. I found him to be a highly capable and extremely knowledgeable trainer who generously shared his experience with all candidates.»
«Je recommande cette formation à toutes les personnes actives dans la Continuité des Activités. Vous y trouverez les outils et les informations nécessaires. Le formateur (Henri Haenni) est un atout majeur pour compléter ce cours. Il est un bon orateur, il apporte son expérience et il maîtrise le sujet.»
«Excellente formation, agrémentée d’exemples concrets. Donne une excellente vue de l’approche complète.»
«Une formation complète nourrie d’exemples de cas concrets supervisée par un expert reconnu.»
«A very useful BCM training, especially when preparing the relative Business Continuity certification (trials with the test questions). The various areas of the standards were well explained using countless real-life examples. Henri is a very experienced, agreeable trainer who adapts to the training needs of the individual participants.»
«The training touches both theoretical and practical application of Business Continuity. Well done!»
«Overall enjoyable training. To the point end trainer kept clear focused.»
«Valuable training to get the organization’s BC Team at the same level & working towards the same goals.»
«Really interesting course, taught from the experience perspective. Highly recommendable to people who are interested in the “how to” apart from the certification.»
«Merci pour le cours, tout était très bien et intéressant.»
«As a training Academy, it has been very useful, including the interaction with the rest of the participants and the professor with whom you could discuss and analyse how BC is in your field of work. As a young BCM, I found it very interesting, the material which I will use during my career and the networking to learn from others.»
«An informative and very well structured course, led by a highly competent instructor who included a great amount of practical tips on how to implement business continuity within the organization.»
«Je continue de faire confiance à Abilene Advisors pour l’excellence de leurs formations que je considère comme pragmatiques pour les exigences de mon métier.»
«Formation en auto-apprentissage très pratique, la session de coaching est un réel plus. Le coté administratif est d’aussi bonne qualité. »