ISO 22301 Lead Implementer Certification
Mastering the implementation and management of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301:2019.
This four-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301:2019.
Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement business continuity processes from the ISO 22399.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Learning objectives :
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 22301 and other standards and regulatory frameworks;
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of a BCMS;
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 22301 requirements in the specific context of an organization;
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage and maintain a BCMS;
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Business Continuity Management System best practices.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved in Business Continuity Management;
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System;
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with BCMS requirements;
- BCMS team members.
- Day 1: Introduction to Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) concepts as required by ISO 22301; Initiating a BCMS:
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach;
- Presentation of the standards ISO 22301, ISO/PAS 22399, ISO 27031, BS 25999 and regulatory framework;
- Fundamental principles of Business continuity;
- Preliminary analysis and establishment of the maturity level of the existing Business Continuity Management System based upon ISO 21827;
- Writing a business case and a project plan for the implementation of a BCMS.
- Day 2: Planning a BCMS based on ISO 22301:
- Definition of the scope of a BCMS;
- Definition of quality policy and objectives;
- Development of a BCMS and business continuity policies;
- Business impact analysis (BIA) and risk assessment.
- Day 3: Implementing a BCMS based on ISO 22301:
- Implementation of a document management framework;
- Design of business continuity processes and writing procedures;
- Implementation of business continuity processes;
- Development of a training & awareness program and communicating about the business continuity;
- Incident management and emergency management;
- Operations management of a BCMS.
- Day 4: Controlling, monitoring and measuring and improving a BCMS and certification audit of a BCMS:
- Controlling and Monitoring a BCMS;
- Development of metrics, performance indicators and dashboards;
- ISO 22301 internal Audit;
- Management review of a BCMS;
- Implementation of a continual improvement program;
- Preparing for an ISO 22301 certification audit.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of business continuity
- Domain 2: Business continuity Control Best Practice
- Domain 3: Planning a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 4: Implementing a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 7: Preparing for a BCMS certification audit
- The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about ISO 22301 exam and certification, refer to ISO 22301 Lead Implementer Exam & Certification .
«Henri presented this dry topic in an interesting and funny way. Thanks to his immense experience he could explain theoretical topics in using practical examples.»
«I did really appreciate the training on the whole, particularly the methodology and the trainer.»
«It was a pleasure to attend the course. It’s well deployed and the trainer shows openess to questions and includes professional stories to better explain.»
« J’ai eu l’opportunité de suivre la formation ISO 22301 Lead Implmeenter délivrée par Henri Haenni. Ce cours passionnant m’a permis d’acquérir une connaissance claire et précise de la mise en œuvre de cette norme. Le formateur possède une compétence et une expérience élevée, et cela constitue un avantage lors de l’animation de ce cours. »
« Formation très utile, formateur très engagé et disponible pour toutes interrogations. »
« Une formation avec un formateur convivial, maitrisant le sujet et illustrant les points abordés avec des exemples qu’il a vécus (ou vus). »
« Formateur passionné et avec un gros “bagage” dans le domaine, ce qui lui permet des exemples concrets pour illustrer le cours. »
« Henri perfectly filled in the gaps in our knowledge and tailored the course contents to our difficult schedules, many thanks !»
« Constructive / Realistic
Overview of the ISO 22301 standard
Allowing effective implementation into our organization »
« Un formateur qui maîtrise son sujet dans un cadre propice à la formation. »
« I find it very useful and relevant in views of the changing scenarios and environment we operate in. »
« The ISO 22301 training course provided a clear and easy to understand baseline in BCMS. The course was particularly useful as it was tailored to my organization and illustrated real world examples. »
« The instructor was very knowledgeable and had a wide variety of applicable examples to use during the session. »
« Valuable training to get the organization’s BC Team at the same level & working towards the same goals.»
« I attended the course “ISO 22301 Lead Implementer” which I found extremely useful and excellent structured. Certainly an asset for my work. The training material provided is also excellent. »
« The ISO 22301 Lead Implementer Course sets the stage for us to successfully implement a business continuity strategy for The Global Fund … a great investment ! »
« Great training with dynamic and highly knowledgeable professional trainers ! »