ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Certification
Mastering the Audit of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301:2019.
This four-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to audit a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
During this training, the participant will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 the certification process according to 17021.
For more information, please visit PECB .
Learning objectives :
- Understand the operations of a Business Continuity Management System based on ISO 22301;
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 22301 and other standards and regulatory frameworks;
- Understand an auditor’s role to plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011;
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team;
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 22301 in the context of a BCMS audit;
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) certification audits;
- Managers or consultants seeking to master a Business Continuity Management System audit process;
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Business Continuity Management System requirements;
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a Business Continuity Management System audit;
- Expert advisors in Business Continuity Management.
- Day 1: Introduction to Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) concepts as required by ISO 22301:
- Presentation of the standards ISO 22301, ISO 27031, ISO/PAS 22399, BS 25999 and regulatory framework;
- Fundamental principles of business continuity;
- ISO 22301 certification process;
- Business Continuity Management System (BCMS);
- Detailed presentation of the clauses 4 to 10 of ISO22301.
- Day 2: Planning and Initiating an ISO 22301 audit:
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles;
- Audit approach based on evidence and on risk;
- Preparation of an ISO 22301 certification audit;
- BCMS documentation audit;
- Conducting an opening meeting.
- Day 3: Conducting an ISO 22301 audit:
- Communication during the audit;
- Audit procedures: observation, document review, interview, sampling techniques, technical verification, corroboration and evaluation;
- Audit test plans;
- Formulation of audit findings;
- Documenting of nonconformities.
- Day 4: Concluding and ensuring the follow-up of an ISO 22301 audit:
- Audit documentation;
- Quality review;
- Conducting a closing meeting and conclusion of an ISO 22301 audit;
- Evaluation of corrective action plans;
- ISO 22301 surveillance audit;
- ISO 22301 internal audit management program.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of business continuity;
- Domain 2: Business Continuity Management System (BCMS);
- Domain 3: Fundamental Audit Concepts and Principles;
- Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 22301 audit;
- Domain 5: Conducting of an ISO 22301 audit;
- Domain 6: Closing an ISO 22301 audit;
- Domain 7: Managing an ISO 22301 audit program.
- The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor” exam is available in different languages (trainers are fluent in English, French & Spanish);
- The exam is available online, please refer to PECB Exams User Manual ;
- Duration: 3 hours;
- For more information about ISO 22301 exam and certification, refer to ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Certification .
« I highly recommend Henri Haenni as a teacher for Business Continuity. The material was presented on very professional way. Exhaustive answers were given to the additional questions, with the appropriate examples.»
« I attended the ISO 22301 Lead Auditor course with Henri Haenni. Course was very informative with deep dive to the topic of Business Continuity in a very friendly atmosphere.»